I had one faithful year of exercising–it was my junior year of college; I would rise before my roommates & sneak across the street to my college’s gym. There I would ride the stationary bike, lift weights, or maybe run a little. I got engaged to Mark that same year, so maybe that was my motivation, I’m really not sure.
Since then, I have had many bursts of motivation for some new exercising routine I’ve decided upon–roller blading with the jogging stroller everyday, riding a stationary bike in our basement, yoga, pilates, PiYo from Beach Body. None of them every lasted very long, though because my why was all wrong. Michael Hyatt, wisely, writes that we lose our way when we lose our why. I would also assert that we lose our way when our why is weak or has bad roots.
The why for my fits of exercise in the last several years has been something like: my stomach looks flabby because I just had a baby (or a second baby), I feel guilty for not exercising, or the classic middle school reason to do something–everyone else seems to be exercising. I stayed with PiYo for several weeks, which was quite a long time for me, because I did notice that it helped me regain strength and flexibility (three c-sections take their toll)–but after a few weeks, I fizzled.
I cannot be the only momma with a story such as this one–and, I know I am not the only momma who desires to properly steward the glorious gift of a body that God has given me. My relationship with exercise & fitness changed entirely when I was introduced to Revelation Wellness. This organization has so captured my heart, strengthened my body, and stirred up my soul, that I can’t keep it to myself–I had to share with you all.
Revelation Wellness is a ministry committed to sharing the gospel by means of fitness. When I signed up to have access to all of the workout videos online, I didn’t sign up under anyone–no one gets a commission or moves up a level because I have joined. What I did find is a community of Jesus-followers who are whole-heartedly working to get “healthy and whole by the power of the love of God…” Now that is a why that will help me on my way–getting healthy and whole such that I can help others to be healthy and whole.
Why I love Revelation Wellness & You Will Too
1) Every single workout (there are hundreds to choose from of all different kinds–cardio, yoga, full-body strength, pilates, etc.) is overflowing with scripture & God’s truth. I walk away from my workout, warm with His presence and a smile on my face feeling as if I just had another Bible study time.
2) Real people are instructing me in the videos–Jesus-loving mommas with messy buns, sweaty foreheads, and tank tops are my instructors & encouragers. I rarely have to fight the comparison game with RevWell workouts because the women are real, no scenes are cut to fix their ponytails or wipe their sweat or get their sports bra looking just right.
3) A community of women (and men too) was mine to join when I began my RevWellTV subscription (for only $10/month); I get to be a part of a Facebook challenge group where I can check in, be held accountable, be encouraged, and have the joy of encouraging others.
4) God is honored by Revelation Wellness–during workouts, I am encouraged to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading as to whether to push harder or hold back a bit (rather than listening to my pride talking); daily, I am reminded by the community that exercising, praise God is a get to not a have to.
5) Revelation Wellness is being used by God to redeem and restore women who are broken–broken from eaten disorders, food addictions, low self-worth, injuries, obesity, and the list goes one. What is the point of being whole in body if your soul is broken? RevWell, by God’s power, is helping people to be entirely whole.